Pages

Monday, June 1, 2015

Rent the Runway

I want to tell you guys about Rent the Runway today!  About a year ago I attended a wedding and one of my husband's friends wives had on a beautiful dress.  I asked her where she had bought it from and she said she rented it off of Rent the Runway.  I had previously spent a good two days searching for an age appropriate dress that looked good.  Gone are the days of $30.00 Forever 21 dresses.  I think I spent close to $100.00 on a dress from Dillards that I have legitimately worn twice.  I decided to check into it although I didn't have much hope for finding anything, as I am not someone who could fit into "model clothes."  I assumed it would be a bust.  It was far from it!  I rented my first dress for a wedding.  I assumed it would come in and it would not fit.  It was great.  See, the thing is, Rent the Runway sends you a second size for free.  There are also tons of reviews for each dress with pictures of the people who have worn them.  I was hooked after renting that first time.  It costs nothing to rent from Rent the Runway, other than the cost of the rental of course, and they send an already paid return envelope with your dresses.  You can rent a dress for 4 or 8 days depending on what you have going on.  If the dress doesn't fit, you can put in the UPS box the next day and they will credit your account for the unused dress.  I personally have a Pro Account because I use it so much!  A Pro Account is $29.95 per year.  The perks to a Pro Account are:

1.  Free insurance
2.  Free shipping
3.  A free birthday dress (any price you want!!)

I have rented dresses for several wedding, a cruise, and our anniversary.

This dress is from our anniversary.  It is a $350.00 Rebecca Taylor dress that I rented for $40.00.

Teacup and Saucer Dress by Rebecca Taylor





I wore this one to a wedding.  It was a $450.00 Yoana Baraschi that I rented for $60.00.

High Glam Cocktail Dress by Yoana Baraschi

I don't have a picture of myself, but I rented this one for a cruise and it was fabulous!  A $350.00 Badgley Mischka for $70.00.
Hang Ten Maxi by Mark & James by Badgley Mischka

I have rented several others without taking pictures.  They also have jewelry and bags to rent for your outfit.  I highly recommend RTR.  I have a wedding July 10 and I already have a dress on hold.  If you do decide to try it out, definitely use my link:

RENT THE RUNWAY LINK

It's a win/win because you get a $20.00 credit for using the link and I get one too.  That's $20.00 off your first rental!  What are you waiting for?!


No comments:

Post a Comment