Pages

Monday, June 1, 2015

Taco Soup

Taco Soup was the first thing I ever learned to make in college and I probably made it once a week.   I love the taste, it's super easy, and it can be relatively clean if you would like it to be.  I have a pot at home and I will post a picture tonight to go with the recipe.

Ingredients
1 lb extra lean ground beef (you can use ground turkey or even chicken breasts if you want)
1 onion chopped
1 packet dry ranch
1 packet taco seasoning (you can make this cleaner by making your own ranch and taco seasonings.  I will post that recipe soon)
1 can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can corn, drained and rinsed
2 cans diced tomatoes (I buy low sodium)
1 can rotel (I use "hot")


Directions
1.  Brown ground meat along with onion.  Drain.
2.  Add dry ranch and taco seasoning.  Stir.
3.  Dump all cans in the pot.  Bring to a boil.
4.  Reduce to a simmer.  Let cook for 45 minutes to an hour.  Add water while cooking to make the soup the consistency that you want.

You can also cook your meat and throw everything in a crock pot while you are at work on low.

No comments:

Post a Comment