Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Make time

I'm struggling to make time to do ALL the things I want to do right now. 

1.  I want to be running at least 4 times a week.
2.  I want to be doing yogalates 2-3 times a week.
3.  I am playing tennis 2 times a week and it will be a little more in the summer.
4.  I want to do stadiums 2 times a week.

That's at least 10 times a week.  How?  How do all the runners out there do it?  Are you running exclusively?  Oh yea, and I also want to paint the spare room, tear out the carpet, finish the flower beds, cut the grass once a week, cook dinner, watch tv, play with the dogs, keep the house clean, do laundry, and spend time with my family.  Don't forget I work 40 hours a week.  Jon, when are you going to let me be a day lady??  Just kidding :)

I've been a little MIA this week, but sometimes I just feel like I'm blogging about the same stuff over and over and it has to get boring for you guys.

A few months ago Jon was in a tennis tournament and they had a Gala on the Saturday night of it that included a silent auction.  There was a 3 month membership at Yogalates South to be bid on and I was super excited about it. I like going to Yogalates, but I don't like to do that exclusively and at $79 a month that would be the only thing I could pay for.  Every now and then I would go for a class every week or so and just pay the $10 a class.  So, I knew the 3 month  membership there was worth at least $237.  I bid $70 on it and won it!!  I was super excited, but with playing so much tennis and running I didn't get to start my membership until yesterday.  It was a different teacher and I was excited to get started.  Side note...Hot Yoagalates in the summer is WAY HOTTER than hot yogalates in the winter.  Just so you know.  I figured I was going to have to be air lifted out of there like Mindy at the 5k fun run for cancer (If you aren't watching The Mindy project, you're doing something wrong)



I could barely breath waiting for the damn class to start.  Anyway, I felt really good and was able to do most of the moves no problem.  There were even something the teacher called "sprinkles." Every ten minutes or so we would do duck squats and jump squats and I totally killed those.  Towards the end of the class, feeling excellent, she shows us the last move, called a Tripod Headstand (which she later told me they had been working on for about a month).  The EASY version of it looked like this.


The harder version, which about half the class was doing, is that except you put your legs up and out (like a split.  I LITERALLY laughed out loud when she showed us.  I mean, enough that people looked back at me.  I was in the back, by the way (duh).  Quickly, realizing she was not joking, I kind of tried it.  And by kind of, I mean that I put my head on the ground.  Everyone made it look so easy.  This makes a little more sense when you realize that I outweighed ALL the people in there by at least 25-30 pounds with the exception of one larger lady who was there with her daughter, who looked at me and rolled her eyes like she knew exactly what I was thinking.  It's ok though because I can probably beat most of them in tennis.  I mean I can't be good at everything right? :)

Anywho, I have a three month membership and my goal is to be able to do the HARD version of this move by the end of three months.  Although, this seems about as practical as me doing a pull-up without Jon lifting me (which he does sometimes to boost my confidence #noupperbodystrength), I will practice every night if I have to.  Who knows, maybe by the end I will be able to do ONE pull up too.  Big dreams!  Don't worry, when I do it I will make Jon take a picture and I'll post it.  By the way I was showing him the move last night to prove how hard this shit is and the asshole did it first try.  I mean he was struggling, but he did it.    
 

No comments:

Post a Comment