Pages

Friday, January 10, 2014

Motivation Friday...and making it livable!

My advice to you today...STOP doing things you don't like to do.  Easy enough right?  Wrong.  Sometimes I like to run and sometimes I do not like to run, but for some reason when I am on a quest to lose weight I forget that.  For example, yesterday was a BEAUTIFUL day.  I got off at 4 and could not wait to get home and run.  Conditions could not be more perfect.  So, I got home and changed and took off. I ran about mile and a quarter and you know what?  I just did NOT feel like running anymore.  In the past, I would have just went home and beat myself up about it, but instead, I stopped running and I started walking.  I like walking and taking in how beautiful the day is.  I stopped and took pictures.  I listened to some favorite chill music.  I walked and walked and when I finally went home I had gone 3 miles.  Stop telling yourself you have to do things a certain way to lose weight.  You don't have to.  You do NOT have to run to lose weight.  Do what you like to do.  Walk.  Dance.  Anything!  It doesn't have to be painful to lose weight. 

I was so tired of wanting to go out to dinner on the weekends and Jon's response being, "Ok, where can you go?"  Take control of the situation.  I used to have to think and say, "Well, there's no bland grilled chicken here etc etc."  YOU CAN GO ANYWHERE YOU WANT TO GO!!!  Go somewhere and get a turkey burger and trash the bread.  Get veggies instead of fries.  Still 3 french fries off your husbands plate.  Be happy and quit feeling deprived.  Go to a mexican restaurant and get some tortilla soup or fajitas and don't gorge on bread and cheese or sour cream.  Have a bite of cake at that birthday pary.  A bite.  ONE.  You can lose weight AND still have a life. 

Now let me warn you.  That being said, if you want to lose weight AND have a life get ready for it to come off SLOWLY.  Like honey dripping onto a sopapilla...enchiladas...nacho cheese. Sorry!  Where was I?  Oh yes, the weight will come off slowly and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.  Take it off slowly, keep it off!  I'll write another post just like this when I'm skinny, so I have street cred and you will all believe me :)

For the New Year a lot of people decide to go HAM (mom, that means hard as a mother f*cker :)), but oftentimes people go SO hard that by week two they are burnt out and back to old habits.  I know you don't want to hear it's a lifestyle change.  Trust me, I know.  But, it is and you have to make it livable if you want to keep it up.  Remember that this weekend guys. 

Silver lining...


Remember how we talked about comparing ourselves to others?




Consistency, consistency, consistency...




No comments:

Post a Comment