Pages

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Merry Christmas to me!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!!  I got some GREAT things this year and loved watching everyone open the things that I got them.  Jon got me a spa day for Christmas and I could not be more excited.  I get to have a massage, a manicure, AND a pedicure.  Are you kidding me?!  It's going to be amazing.  Mom and dad of course went crazy for Christmas like they always do and bought us WAY too much.  We got a cement bench that we already put in the backyard and I just love it.  I got a mirror for my bathroom that I am already obsessed with.  A rolling ice chest, some bath goodies, some tupperware, scratch-offs...you name it I probably got it.  Also, countless other gifts from friends and family.  It sure does feel nice to be loved so much.

You know what else I got for Christmas.  I got fat.  Yep, santa brought cake, cookies, ham, turkey, carbs, carbs, and more carbs.  They were so delicious.  Thanks santa.  Just because you are a little tubby, does NOT meant I have to be too. 

Which brings me to today.  I had a great Christmas.  It lasted from Thanksgiving until yesterday.  Longest Christmas yet.  But now it's time for me to get serious about 2014 and I am getting a jumpstart.  I started my 24 day challenge today and already feel about 100 times better than I did when I woke up.  There is just something about being active when you are feeling crappy that makes you instantly feel better.  I have been feeling like a roly poly for the last week or so.  I seriously have been feeling like you could tip my over and I would just roll around the room.  It's pretty gross to feel that way.  Every time I got dressed to go somewhere this week I was unhappy with how things fit and how I looked.  So, it feels really great to be back on track.  I am actually craving vegetables and chicken. 

We are leaving for Dominican Republic in approximately 63 days and I need to be looking a little less puffy for the beach!  I think I could lose close to 20 lbs by then if I go real hard.  I know that is an "optimistic" goal to say the least, but I'm not going to baby myself here. 

So, I will be keeping you guys updated on my weight loss and the challenge.  You still have time to join if you like.  Most people are not starting until January 1st so contact me if you are interested.  I'm happy to be starting something like this and being a little selfish with my time.  I think 2014 is going to be my best year yet, and honestly 2013 will be pretty hard to beat!

No comments:

Post a Comment