Pages

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Food food food

I figured I would let you guys know what I ate yesterday.  I'm hoping some of you clean eating gurus can help me out and give me some hints possibly.  I know I was not 100% clean with my eating, but that's not exactly the goal here.  I just want to be eating cleanER and I think I accomplished that.  With that being said, I don't want to be eating something that is terrible for me thinking that it is ok.  It's strange though because I feel like everyone really has a different opinion of what clean eating is.  I have spoken to people who have told me what I can't have and all I could think is what can I have.  I don't want to live forever off of grass and nuts and chickens that were hand fed by 10 year old honduran boys praying to the scientology gods.  Then I read from others that you can have white flour mixed with butter and canola oil and you're fine as long as it is in moderation.  There HAS to be a happy medium somewhere in here.  Here is mine :)

Yesterday's menu

Breakfast-3 boiled egg whites and a banana
Morning Snack-Apple
Lunch-Black bean quinoa salad
Afternoon Snack-Cucumbers and hummus
Dinner-Whole grain wrap with extra lean ground beef and taco seasoning, lettuce, salsa, sprinkle of fat free cheddar cheese and some black beans
Snack-Raisins

So a few things...
I KNOW ground turkey would have been better than 96/4 ground beef, but I don't like ground turkey so there.
I KNOW I would have been better off without the cheese, but I like cheese so I limited.
For some reason I feel like I shouldnt be eating raisins?  Can anyone tell me why?  Maybe they are ok, but I'm not sure.  Under ingredients it says..."Raisins"  Well, no shit huh?  Shouldn't it say grapes?  I don't get it.  Also there is a warning on the box...

"May contain an occasional grape stem or wood fragment"



Does anyone know if wood fragments are clean?

All in all it was a good day and I got on the scale this morning...down another 0.8 lbs.  I will take it!

In other news I won my doubles tennis match last night!  Woop!

No comments:

Post a Comment