Pages

Monday, April 24, 2017

The time has come...

Hi guys!!

It's me again!  I've decided to come back to where it all started and start blogging here again.  I had switched over to a paid site, and although it was prettier, it cost me money.  And I'm not about that jazz.  I also started blogging about a whole lot of different things other than weight loss, because I was pregnant and couldn't be losing weight at that point.  In fact, I was waaaay too busy gaining weight to lose weight.  In fact, after the crazy amount of joy that came upon finding out that we were FINALLY pregnant, the second thought I had was, "Pizza...nachos...french fries..."  All that stuff i limited or didn't eat at all floated through my mind, and then floated through my mouth.

So let me get really really real with you guys.  Here is a timeline for my weight loss/gain journey:

May 2008:  Graduated from college at a weight I dare not mention and decided to start losing weight.
January 2010:  Met my husband.  Apple of my eye.  About 10lbs from goal weight.
April 2011:  Went to NYC with mom and I was at the lowest weight I had ever been at.
May 2012:  Got engaged!!  About 10lbs heavier than NYC.  But who can blame me.  I was happy.
March 2013:  Got married!  One of the best days ever.  About the same weight as when I got engaged.
2014:  Started our crazy journey to have a kid.
2015-2016: Clomid, trigger shots, depression, negative pregnancy test after negative pregnancy test.  And one of the only things that seemed to make me forget about all that shit for a second...FOOD. I continued to work out and play tennis a ton, but between fertility drugs and bad food choices I managed to gain.  Up 18lbs from when I got married.
March 2016:  Positve pregnacy test!!!!!!  At this point, I am up 30lbs from my lowest point, but I give zero shits about this because I am FINALLY pregnant.
Pregnancy....Gained weight.  A lot of weight.  A whole lot of weight.  Right around the 50lb mark.
November 2016:  Our sweet miracle girl, Willa Jo is born!  She is gorgeous :)
April 2017:  Down 32lbs from giving birth.  But if you go ahead and do the math, I'm still about 18lbs from what I was before I found out I was pregnant.  And a whopping 53lbs from my lowest weight.

It's not easy for me to share this.  It's tough.  I knew it would be.  I works SOOO hard to lose weight originally and now I'm pretty much right back where I started.  Silver lining is that I have the most perfect child in the world.  But, it's still hard.  I'm uncomfortable with my weight.  Tennis isn't as easy.  Running isn't as easy.  Finding time to exercise isn't easy.  Finding time to cook isn't easy.

But, I'm ready.  It took a little while longer than I had hoped to be ready, but I am.  Today is the first day of my journey back to health and happiness!  I've got my serious face on right now.  I'm not playing around.  My big goal is to be 3lbs under NYC weight by January 1, 2018.  I don't intend on letting anything get in my way.

I want my husband to be proud of me and I want my daughter to grow up in a house where she knows that eating healthy and exercise are not just for losing weight.  I want her to know that's how you fuel your body.  So, I'll hope you guys will follow along.  I'll be keeping you updated along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment