Pages

Monday, October 12, 2015

Sweet potato nachos

I made sweet potato nachos last week for dinner and they were a HUGE success!!   A super easy and delicious recipe.  I got two sweet potatoes and used a mandolin to slice them to about 1/4 inch thick.  I tossed them with olive oil, paprika, and garlic powder.  Threw them in the oven at 425 for 30 minutes, flipping them halfway.


While the sweet potatoes were baking, I cut up some jalapenos, cilantro, and green onions.  I also made the taco meat using extra lean ground beef and a packet of taco seasoning.  You can use ground turkey if you would like, I just prefer beef.  You can also make your own taco seasoning.


When the sweet potatoes came out they were nice and crispy.


Layer the nachos with whatever your heart desires and enjoy!  For mine I used 4 ounces of taco meat, shredded lettuce, avocado, salsa, cilantro, green onions, and jalapenos.  They were definitely a hit at my house!





No comments:

Post a Comment