Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

I'm going to complain...

I'm going to complain for a second.  Stop reading if you don't want to hear me complain.

I know we all know that as a society we love and honor the "skinny girl," and I honestly I have no problem with this.  Models are pretty skinny most of the time.  High fashion goes on skinny people.  Magazine covers are for mostly skinny people.  I'm not talking regular skinny, I'm talking REALLY skinny.  And I'm totally fine with this.  Chances are I will never wear anything "high fashion."  I mean who wants to wear a nude jumpsuit with feathers sticking out the butt anyway?

So...just so we are completely clear here, I have NO problem with this.  We all look different.  I am in no way skinny shaming anyone.  In all actuality, most of the time I am sitting here wishing I looked like them.

Here is where I start to have a small problem with things.  I need a dress for a wedding.  I shop at places like Gap, Banana Republic, and Ann Taylor.  I haven't taken a gander online at their websites in awhile because I haven't been in need of anything.  Yesterday I looked online to see what dresses they had and this is what I found...

Banana Republic

Banana RepublicBanana Republic  

I'm pretty sure these models are in sizes xxs or 00 and I'm still not sure that the dresses are small enough for them as they seem to be just about falling off of them.


Gap

 
Do we see how photo shopped this girls arm is??  This already size 00 girl that Gap decided needed SMALLER arms???  I'm pretty sure her thighs are photo shopped as well.


Another weird arm photo shop...


Ann Taylor

Primary Image of Refined Lace Cutout Dress

I mean this girl is adorable and all, but she is about the size of my 8 year old niece.

So obviously all of these women are very beautiful, however I have NO IDEA how these dresses will look on me or really anyone over the size of 00.  I'm not rioting for size 10 or 12 models.  I'm saying, maybe show me a size 4 guys?  I can guess from there.

I just don't understand why we are photo shopping beautiful women to be smaller.  God help the future little girls of America.











No comments:

Post a Comment