Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

This weeks lunch

If you're tired of sandwiches and want something good for lunch, look no further!  I've been making myself these little beauties for lunch all week:





On Sunday morning I threw two large, frozen chicken breasts in a crock pot.  I sprinkled the top with a pack of taco seasoning and poured a jar of salsa on top.  I cooked it on low for about 8-9 hours.  You really can't screw things up with a crock pot.  Sunday night I shredded the chicken.  I measured out three ounces of chicken and half a cup of drained and rinsed black beans.  It easily made five containers with a little bit left over.

I use these wraps to construct my masterpiece (7 grams of fiber!  7 grams of protein!):








 










When lunch time comes around I heat the bean/chicken mixture for 30 seconds.  I put a 50 calorie, pepper jack string cheese on the wrap.  Dump the black bean/chicken mixture on the wrap.  Microwave for 20 more seconds.  Top with a quarter of an avocado.  Voila!  You have a very filling, well balanced, 350 calorie lunch.








No comments:

Post a Comment