Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Make Good Choices


So I was at the mall on my lunch break .  It was about time for me to leave and I was pitching an internal fit because I DID NOT want my quinoa bowl that I had at the office.  I had to pass the food court to go to my car.  And there it was.  The skies opened up and I saw Izzo's in all it's queso glory.  I started sprinting full speed to the line, thinking if I exercise it will be ok!  But really I thought to myself, "Ok, Izzo's has grilled chicken and lettuce.  I want Izzo's, but I bet I can make a decent choice."  So I sat down and took out my phone and behold, Izzo's has a nutritional page where you can build your meal and check out the nutrition facts!

http://www.nutritionix.com/izzos-illegal-burritos/nutrition-calculator/premium

Lots of restaurants are doing this now and it is so wonderful to have that information at your fingertips.  It really gives you NO excuse to make bad choices.  So I went to planning and created a salad that was delicious, clean, and exactly 300 calories.  Take that queso god!



Remember that you can eat what you like and still not blow it.  Be careful with salads, however, as you can really blow your diet on a salad.  There are two salad dressing at Izzo's:

Cilantro Ranch: 180 calories (more than half of what the whole salad costs you )
Southwest Caesar:  420 calories (no i did not make a typo.  You could have gotten a damn burrito)

The lady in from me got a chicken salad.  Healthy right?  With refried beans, rice, cheese and southwest Caesar dressing.  That same lady just ate approximately NINE HUNDRED calories for lunch.  Not to mention 41 carbs and 68 grams of fat.  She would have been better off going next door to canes and getting a caniac.

I used salsa as my dressing and squeezed a lime on top.

It may have not been EXACTLY what I wanted, but it quenched the craving and met my current diet requirements and I have to say, I call that a major win!!




1.0 x Illegal Salad
  • 1.0
    Romaine Lettuce
  • 1.0
    Chicken - White Meat
  • 1.0
    Black Beans
  • 1.0
    Cilantro
  • 1.0
    Fresh Jalepenos
  • 1.0
    Pico de Gallo
  • 1.0
    Red Onions
  • 1.0
    Izzo's Salsa (2 oz)

Nutrition Facts
Serving: 1 x Illegal Salad
Amount Per Serving
Calories
300
Calories from Fat
40
% Daily Value*
Total Fat
5g
8%
Saturated Fat
0g
0%
Trans Fat
0g
Cholesterol
85mg
28%
Sodium
1250mg
52%
Total Carbohydrates
29g
10%
Dietary Fiber
10g
40%
Sugars
5g
Protein
35g
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
INGREDIENTS:
Illegal Salad (Romaine Lettuce,Chicken - White MeatBlack BeansCi... [View All Ingredients]




No comments:

Post a Comment