Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Quinoa lunch bowl

I made these little quinoa bowls for lunches this week on Sunday night.  They are super easy to do.  If you have never cooked quinoa before, I cook mine in the rice cooker.  Water ratio is 2 to 1.  1 cup quinoa/2 cups of water.  You get it.  Takes less time than rice to cook and it's protein packed!

I posted the recipe yesterday before I ate it.  My first thought when I opened it for lunch yesterday was, "not enough food."  My second thought was, "looks like it needs cheese."  These are pretty normal thoughts when I sit down to eat though.  Every now and then it is also, "looks like it needs MORE cheese."  In other words, I'm kind of judgy (that just autocorrected to pudgy.  FML).  Any who, after tasting it I decided it was ok.  A 3.5 stars out of 5 if you will.  It's a little on the bland side.  However, it did fill me up and keep me full for quite awhile without making me feel sluggish.   




Today, I snazzed it up a bit.  I squeezed more lime juice, sprinkled it with chili powder, and put a scoop of salsa.  It's a good bit better.  I would also suggest not going easy on the cilantro if you like it.  Load it up.  I have this lunch weighing in at right about 300 calories.


No comments:

Post a Comment