Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Recipe-Lasagna Soup

It's been awhile!  Happy New Year to everyone.  Obviously, I haven't been writing much, but decided I would use this blog as a helpful tool for some things.  My NY resolution this year was to cook more at home, try new recipes, and eat out less (shooting for 1-2 times a week).  Although, my priorities have been shifting and changing, health and fitness will always be up there on the list for me.   I made a soup last night and posted the picture on instagram.  Quite a few people were asking for the recipe.  I must have sent it to 6-7 different people.  With that being said, I thought it would be helpful to post new recipes I try out here and review how they tasted.  Whether or not you are trying to lose weight in 2015, everyone can use new, quick, easy, and healthy recipes!


Lasagna Soup
2t olive oil
1lb extra lean ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 (32oz) container chicken broth
1 (15oz) can tomato sauce
1 (14.5oz) can petite diced tomatoes
1/2t salt
1/2t red pepper flakes (this makes it pretty spicy, so hold back if you arent a fan)
4 ounces broken whole wheat lasagna noodles (I used simply balanced organic from target)
1/2 cup fresh chopped basil
3T parmesan cheese
1/2C reduced fat shredded mozarella

Instructions
Heat the oil over medium heat in a large pot.  Add ground beef, onion, bell pepper, and minced garlic.  Brown ground meat.

Add broth, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, salt, and red pepper flakes.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat to a simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.  Add noodles, bring back to a boil until noodles are soft.

Remove from burner.  Mix in both cheeses and basil.

Serving is 1 cup:
225 calories
23g protein
7g fat
17g carb
2g fiber
If you are doing weight waters it is 6 points per cup


This soup was delicious.  We had it with whole wheat breadsticks and a salad.  


Here is the link to the original recipe I used:  http://thedeenbros.com/index.php/recipes/recipe_detail/bobbys_lighter_tastes_like_lasagna_soup/




No comments:

Post a Comment