Pages

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

The Struggle




Struggle struggle struggle.  It's all I seem to do these days when it comes to weight loss.  I know I am struggling when I don't feel like writing on here.  I know I have lost some motivation.  Between my birthday and Jon's birthday, there has definitely been a lot of "celebration eating."  I have been thinking a lot about why it is such a struggle and what I have come up with is that I have become a pro at maintenance.  I'm really good at it, and it's easy to keep doing what you are good at.

It has been 5 years since I lost the weight I lost.  I have maintained that loss (give or take 3 to 4 pounds) for the past 5 years.  Through a serious relationship, moving in together, getting engaged, and getting married.  Actually, reading that back I am pretty proud.  It would be easy to get comfortable and gain 15 to 20 pounds of "happy weight," but I worked/work my ass off to make sure that did not/does not happen.  To maintain the weight that I lost all I pretty much have to do is eat the way I know I am supposed to be eating to lose weight (a weight watchers type mentality) Monday-Thursday and then Friday until I get off of work.  From 5pm on Friday until midnight on Sunday I can have a free for all eat fest.  I will maintain my weight.  This is why things like holidays and snowmageddons are so hard.  I have been in a 5 year work routine that includes me eating correctly.  It is HARD to break this routine.  I am ready to break this routine to lose the rest of the weight.  I am trying to view it as a tough few months that if I work really hard I can go back to easy peasy maintenance. 

If only we could all quit our jobs and go live on the biggest loser ranch for 6 months to lose what we wanted to lose.  Shit, I could probably lose the 30 pounds I want to lose in 3 months on the ranch.  That way life wouldn't get in the way.  There are no birthday parties on the biggest loser rance.  And if there are you simply get rice cakes, not birthday cakes.  

I really need to make sure I am getting and staying motivated for the weekends.  I need to shock my body into weight loss mode.  I am thinking about changing things around some.  Maybe grocery shopping on Friday afternoons would help.  I usually shop on Sundays and stock up for the week.  Come Friday night there isn't much left in the house, so we end up going out.  I am hoping to tweak some things for this upcoming weekend.  I will let yall know how that goes! 

Also, hoping to have my sister write a post for the blog later this week.  She is doing the 24 day challenge right now and I think she may be able to shed a little light on the "less optimistic" side of weight loss.  Definitely be looking out for that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment