Pages

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Advo-What?!

So I am on day 3 of the Advocare 24 day challenge.  I wish I would have started blogging on day 1, but here goes anyway...

There is not much I am passionate about other than complaining to my husband that there is not much I am passionate about.  I have struggled with my weight since before I can remember.  By struggled, I mean I was always overweight, but never really worried about it.  My senior year of high school I lost a good bit of weight doing weight watchers.  I can't remember why I did it or what motivated me, but it happened.  After losing a good bit of weight and being at the smallest I can ever remember being, I was still overweight.  After graduation life kind of happened.  I went off to LSU and my second year I moved out with my two best friends.  I gained weight.  A LOT of weight.  I don't even remember being particularly conscious of it or worried about.  I drank A LOT as well.  I'm sure this had something to do with the weight gain.  Anywho, after graduating and weighing my MOST, I finally decided to start up on weight watchers again.  I can't tell you what motivated me.  I have no idea.  Oddly enough being heavy never bugged me that much.  I was still active and happy.  I lost 46lbs on weight watchers in about a year.  Slow and steady.  Towards the end of this process (a little over 3 years ago) I met my husband....at a bar...while drinking (romantic I know!!).  I kind of put a hold on the weight loss for a little while.  That little while became three years.  I kept the weight off until after we got engaged and moved in together officially (about a year ago).  Since then I have gained almost exactly 10lbs. 

I have tried weight watchers again about a billion times and somehow only make it a few days without totally blowing it.  Sometimes you just have to try something different.  Don't get me wrong, I owe a lot to WW.  They have a good plan that is usually easy to stick to.  But I also feel that at my age I should be taking in healthier choices.  These choices aren't as easy on WW.  I'm  not going to have 20 almonds when i can have a sugary delicious snack cake for the same amount of points.  NOT.  GONNA. HAPPEN.  I don't just want to be skinny.  I want to look good too.  Enter Advocare.

Now, I was/am skeptical.  Trust me.  I'm not one to try these kinds of things.  The challenge isn't cheap, but I figure if I spend the money I will feel more accountable.  It's no different than going to WW meetings for 4 months and not losing any weight right?!?!  I started the program Monday morning.  I'll spare you all of the details for now and go into it later, but I have to say I am on day three, down 2 pounds, wedding rings are falling off, and I am feeling FABULOUS!  Whether I lose weight or not there is definitely something to be said about that.  I have about 30-35lbs that I would love to lose.  45 would be great, but let's be realistic here.  Now I know I won't be losing 30lbs in 24 days, but I think that the way I've been eating the last few days is totally sustainable.  I have been feeling fuller than ever.  Don't get me wrong, I am missing sugar.  I would murder a toddler for some jelly beans right now, but I'll get over it.  I think once the 24 days is over it's a sustainable lifestyle as long as I can still have a carb loaded, cheese heavy, delicious dinner once a week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment