Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Quick Update

I can't believe I haven't posted anything since May!!  I've been really busy making a baby though so give me a break.  A baby girl to be more specific.  That's right!!  Baby Mitchell is a little girl!  I'm 25 weeks down with only 15 weeks to go.  We are both so ready for this little girl to be here.  I'm hoping to start posting more in preparation for her.  I just recently started my list of things to do before she arrives and a big one on there is to prepare freezer meals.  I know I won't have that much time for cooking in those first weeks after her arrival.  Not only do I want to make freezer meals, I want to make healthy freezer meals.  Big momma is going to be ready for the baby weight to come off.

I was one of those people who thought that I would continue to eat healthy throughout her pregnancy. Wrong!!  In the first trimester I was extremely sick and carbs were my best friend.  I do ok now. Most days I have a pretty healthy breakfast and either a healthy lunch or dinner, but one meal a day is more than likely going to be a free for all.  Also, if you follow me on Instagram you know that I had to stop at the Taco Bell drive through on the way to the gym the other day.  #thestruggleisreal.  

I couldn't  be more happy about baby girl, but I'm not going to lie and say I don't miss my old body.  Who would have ever thought I would miss that old imperfect thing.  But I will say pregnancy puts things into perspective and my old imperfect body is not something I will take for granted ever again.  I miss being able to move how I want.  At a little over 6 months pregnant when I go to the gym now, half my workout is getting my shoes tied.  I know the worse is yet to come when it comes to this.

My advice for all the ladies out there who are not currently pregnant.  Don't take your body for granted.  For the love of Christ run up the stairs (how I miss running up the stairs at work) and dare I say even go for a run.  Your body won't always be as dependable as it is now whether you be pregnant, injured, or just plain getting older.  Making sure you are using up all its potential!

Be on the lookout for my freezer meal challenge in weeks to come as well as more updates and then hopefully how life changes when I have a baby and I'm still trying to workout and be healthy.  I have a feeling some things will need to be tweaked!

No comments:

Post a Comment