Pages

Monday, June 29, 2015

Egg White Muffins

I have been starting to get a little sick of boiled egg whites for breakfast.  They are super filling, but can be a bit boring.  The solution to this was egg white muffins.  I had read about them, but never tried them because I really do hate burnt eggs and I figured they would have a burnt taste to them.  It was suggested you do this in a mini muffin pan, however, I didn't have one so large muffins it is.  For these particular muffins I kind of just searched the fridge for things to throw in there.  I sprayed the pan with cooking spray then added spinach, chopped green onion, chopped mushrooms, and sun dried tomatoes.  The tomatoes were for a recipe a while back, but they sounded like they would be ok in this too.  I filled each cup almost all the way then topped with cracked black pepper.  Baking time was 20 minutes on 350 degrees.  When I took them out of the oven I sprinkles just a little bit of cheese on each.  They weigh in at just about 60 calories each.  They seem to keep well in the fridge.  They are easy to reheat and great dipped in salsa.  I have also read that they work well in the freezer if you want to make a big batch.  I plan on doing this again next week.  Twelve large muffins take exactly a whole carton of egg white substitute.  Jon liked them as well so that's a Mitchell family win!









No comments:

Post a Comment